Royal Navy Research Archive Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Father  (Read 8970 times)

shirty

• New Recruit
Father
« on: 22 June 2015 09:14:25 pm »

Hi, I have just sent the following email to IWM' after seven months I'm afraid the PTSD reared its ugly head and I almost got offensive. Is there anybody on here who can help with my quest you can see the problems I've had Thanks for reading this
Many Thanks
I am totally lost, I am trying to find photographs of my late father of which I know to exist but it seems that since I was a photographer 10 years ago every military establishment, newspaper, organisation etc have lost their databases of images, have not done them or plain just cant be bothered. As an example I’ve tried your database and it has nothing in the slightest bit relevant yet HMS Seahawk inform me the pictures and /or negatives were passed on to you. As a further example my father was an SBA-LMA (S. B. G********* MX******) at HMS Seahawk from Jul 1965 to Apr 1967 and Jun 1969 to Sep 1972, he worked in the sick bay, he had a number of official record photographs taken, I have seen them. How do I in a polite way as possible after 7 months track down the negs/images so as to enquire about purchasing copies of them, and how do I trace the same of images (Class/course groups etc) from ships/establishments he served with but no longer exist. I refuse to accept that he served for 22 years in the Royal Navy and does not exist in a single photograph. I apologise for my unfortunate tone, as I know it is not your fault or problem but my computer is getting clogged with standard responses which mean and achieve absolutely nothing.
Thank you for taking the time to read this I do appreciate it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up