Royal Navy Research Archive Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for Information and Assistance about Mercury T3 DockYard Tug FMW Trucks  (Read 13947 times)

jhmcloughlin

• New Recruit

Hi there!

Could you assist me with the following?

Looking for a Handbook and Information about an FMW Matey Truck   Pick up Truck  - ( Mercury Truck & Tractor Ltd  ) Ex Royal Navy Dockyard Utility Truck Tug shunter.  (Possibly called a T3)   

My one was Manufactured by FMW Engineering, Ebblake Industrial Estate, Verwood, Dorset Uk.I am looking for a Mechanics Servicing Manual on a Mercury Dennis FMW Engineering Matey Dockyard Slave 2 Tonne Truck. Might also have been called a T3 Truck . I believe ours is Ex Royal Navy made by FMW in Dorset. Our One has a 1.6 Litre Ford Petrol Engine. In particular looking for Information Drawings about the Brake systems.

Seems to be Mini Car Wheel Cylinders on the Front. Or indeed any information about the manufacturing History  or service life of these Vehicles.  How many were Manufactured?  Are there any Still in Service?  What Happened to FMW Engineering?  I dont think they are at Ebblake anymore.

I believe the little truck was designed to Carry a 2 Tonne load or to Tow A 4 tonne Trailer Load!   I am trying to locate also the Rear Brake Cylinders.  There are two of these one bolted to each rear half Shaft and mine are in need of a Refurb.  The Rear Brakes seem to be Inboard Wet Brakes like you would see on a Tractor.    There are some Numbers on the Driveshaft Diff.

On  the Top of the Central Rear Axle  Differential which is a very large square box    there are some numbers

09 in a circle. 

14.5/1

I know its a long shot but I would appreciate any information, Service Manuals or old photos that you might have.
I have the Truck and She will be a runner for us once I get the Rear  Brakes Sorted.

Many thanks,

Michael

Co Kildare
Ireland.

Pages: [1]   Go Up