Royal Navy Research Archive Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Signalman Ken Noble, East Indies Fleet 1944-1946  (Read 6449 times)

Leofric

• New Recruit
Signalman Ken Noble, East Indies Fleet 1944-1946
« on: 19 July 2021 11:54:26 am »

Hi everyone,

Thank you for letting me join this forum. I have read many of the knowledgable submissions posted here.

I have been trying to research my late dads war service using what scant evidence there is available. What I have gathered so far I have posted on this web page and I would welcome any comments or corrections that you may have

http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~noblefamilia/genealogy/noble/ken/service.htm

Many thanks in advance.

benedictbrown

• New Recruit
Re: Signalman Ken Noble, East Indies Fleet 1944-1946
« Reply #1 on: 12 August 2021 02:46:02 am »

Dyson Vacuum Not Sucking: How to Troubleshoot & Fix Dyson Suction Issues at Home

One of the most common problems reported to TheKingLive by our readers who own Dyson vacuum cleaners is suction loss. As sucking up dirt and debris is the primary function of the machine, without suction, the vacuum would be essentially bricked.

That won’t do if you spent hundreds of dollars to have it.

Fortunately, it’s pretty easy to fix the Dyson vacuum not sucking problem. We’ll show you exactly how to troubleshoot at home and, if things go well, you may even be able to fix it by yourself!

Check the Suction Hose

If the suction hose of the vacuum is blocked, the airflow through the machine is interrupted, resulting in suction loss. So, the first order of business is to remove the suction hose and check for any obstacle or obstruction inside.

You can wiggle the hose around to dislodge any piece of debris. Since the hose is pretty durable, you can even slap it around to clear it up. If the debris refuses to come out, use a broom handle or a long stick, insert it through the hose, and push. The debris should come out on the other side.

Give the hose a final check to ensure that it’s totally clear before you reinstall it back on the machine. Give the vacuum a test run to see if the problem has been fixed.

Check the Brush Roll

Sit down on the floor and bring the vacuum onto your lap, flip it around so that the brush roll inside the cleaning head is clearly visible to you. Inspect the brush carefully to see if there’s any clogs, debris pieces, or strands of hair woven around the bristles.

Obstruction of the brush roll could explain the suction loss. Worse, if you don’t fix it and the brush becomes jammed, there’s a chance that you could accidentally snap the brush roll’s belt.

Certain Dyson models allow you to disassemble the brush to make it easier to maintain. Check the manual of your model to learn the process.

Clear the Air Filters

The air filter protects you as well as the vacuum from inhaling or ingesting airborne dirt and bacteria. If you don’t clean the filter, dirt and debris will collect on the filter and eventually clog it up.

Most modern Dyson vacuums have a washable filters. They’re built very durably and can last throughout the vacuum’s lifespan (no need to replace or do disposal of vacuum cleaners’ air filters, then!)

If your model has one of these, simply remove the filter and run it through tap water. Rinse it until the water becomes clear and you see no trace of dirt or debris on the outside of the filter anymore.

Allow the filter to dry for at least 24 hours before putting it back in. Never attempt to use the vacuum with a wet filter. Doing that can break down your vacuum for good.

Conclusion

These are three most common causes for sudden suction loss in Dyson vacuums. If your Dyson still refuses to work, we recommend that you check our other troubleshooting guides. As a last resort, you can call up Dyson’s service center and they will check out the vacuum for you.

Next on the reading list … want to make your own vacuum cleaner from scraps? This DIY guide from our team can show you how (https://serbianforum.org/members/johnnycostner.719257/about)!
« Last Edit: 23 June 2022 06:13:55 am by benedictbrown »
Pages: [1]   Go Up