Surface Vessels > Combined Operations

Landing Craft Infantry (Large)

<< < (2/4) > >>

spooks1959:
Thanks Paul,

I have updated my spreadsheet to include this new info.

Tony

Paul Skidmore:
Hi Tony,
I have extract from ADM210/8 Green List for 11.07.1944 relating to 0 LCI (L) Flotillas ( including the Pennant Numbers of the various LCI attached to their respective Flotillas ) that were operational at that time as part of the "Overlord " Forces which were providing shuttle services between their relevant bases and Normandy. If this is of interest to you let me know and I'll send this over. The Flotilla that I was particularly interested in was 263rd as this was the one that my late father was posted to. At the time duties were administered by HMS Porcupine and the following craft operated out of Newhaven - LCI's 126; 164;165; 169; 171; 179; 181; 300; 377; 378; 379 and 380. 

spooks1959:
LCI(L), (H) & (Q) spreadsheet

For anyone interested in these small ships, a spreadsheet listing all of these vessels can be viewed here http://www.royalnavyresearcharchive.org.uk/Documents/LCI(L)%20Master%20list2.xlsx
It contains all the information gathered so far.

If anyone can add detail to any of the entries please contact me editor@royalnavyresearcharchive.org.uk

Jamax:

--- Quote from: Paul Skidmore on 26 October 2016 04:40:10 pm ---Hi Tony,
I have extract from ADM210/8 Green List for 11.07.1944 relating to 0 LCI (L) Flotillas ( including the Pennant Numbers of the various LCI attached to their respective Flotillas ) that were operational at that time as part of the "Overlord " Forces which were providing shuttle services between their relevant bases and Normandy. If this is of interest to you let me know and I'll send this over. The Flotilla that I was particularly interested in was 263rd as this was the one that my late father was posted to. At the time duties were administered by HMS Porcupine and the following craft operated out of Newhaven - LCI's 126; 164;165; 169; 171; 179; 181; 300; 377; 378; 379 and 380.

--- End quote ---

Hi Paul
I hope you don't mind me getting in touch with you. Does your green list contain any information on HMS LCI(L)-99? My uncle was aboard when she was sunk. I believe she was involved in Sicily, I have an Italy Star Medal here at home. However I am trying to find out anything I can about 99 and what she was doing before being sunk.

Regards
Alex Shields

PhiloNauticus:

LCI(L).99 is listed as taking part in the landings on Sicily 20 July 1943 (Operation Husky) and also the landings at Anzio 22 January 1944 (Operation Shingle)
[source: British Invasion Fleets by John Winser]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version