Royal Navy Research Archive Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Father's Royal Navy record - Combined Ops?  (Read 2 times)

MARKTIME

• New Recruit
Father's Royal Navy record - Combined Ops?
« on: Today at 03:01:35 pm »

Hi all,
New user so forgive any errors. My Dad, Fred "aka Rick" Bristow (deceased) told me about his career in the Royal Navy when I was growing up. Besides his seafaring tales told me that although a sailor he had enrolled in Commando training and had spent a while in Combined Ops. He described proudly earning his Green Beret and training which included unarmed combat training from an instructor called "Mac" and a parachute jump from a barrage balloon. My mum mentioned that he spent a while in hospital having fallen from a rope carrying something that exploded. She said that he was picking little pieces of bakelite from his back for years after. I have obtained his Royal Navy record but it just shows for admin the ship in which serving, from and to and Rating. Fred was a signaller by trade (tried to teach me morse code as a kid!)
I have attached the record but the only part which might show possible combined ops training is "Phoenicia3 (Loch More and Loch Craggie) 13.09.1950 to 16.08.1952. I can send his record on e-mail but not as attachment here due to data size. Any help in deciphering his record would be gratefully received.
Thank you, Mark Bristow (Also on mbristow14@aol.com)
Pages: [1]   Go Up