Royal Navy Research Archive Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length.
Advanced Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small section of large, long WW2 Royal Navy Group photo.  (Read 3832 times)

Philip L

• Able Rate
Small section of large, long WW2 Royal Navy Group photo.
« on: 12 September 2023 10:00:22 am »

My father, Norman Lock (February 1924 - November 2021) was in the Portsmouth Division of Royal Navy in WW2 from 1942 to 1946. Official No. JX 359656. There is a long Navy group photo in his collection. It was to long for me to scan as one photo when I put it under the Lock family tree on the ancestry site, I have it as Group photo-A and B. I may get it scanned by a professional photographer shop one day. I can only show a small section here due to the size restrictions on this site. There seems be over 100 Navy personnel, sailors and officers, in the whole photo. Logically the whole photo may have been taken at Portsmouth, England because that was Norman's home port, but I do not know where the photo was taken. Some clues may be in the whole photo with the whole background. Norman has the yellow marker arrow just above his head in this small section of photo.

Thanks
Philip L

Philip L

• Able Rate
Re: Left section of large, long WW2 Royal Navy Group photo.
« Reply #1 on: 09 October 2023 09:53:30 am »

I will find out if a professional photographer shop can make a copy of the whole original large, long WW2 Royal Navy Group photo at a reduced size, so it can be shown as one photo. That may take some time. So, I have put another section here. Left section.

Philip L

Philip L

• Able Rate
Re: Small section of large, long WW2 Royal Navy Group photo.
« Reply #2 on: 09 October 2023 10:03:34 am »

This is the right section. I have had to crop some of the background to get so it is an appropriate size unfortunately. I think there is a ship and structures in the background in whole photo.

Philip L

Philip L

• Able Rate
Re: Small section of large, long WW2 Royal Navy Group photo.
« Reply #3 on: 09 October 2023 10:18:02 am »

This is the far-left section and final section. Photo sections are now all the way from far left, as you look at the photo to far right, as you look at the photo. The first section called small section was between the sections called left and right. Again, I think I did crop some of the background and structure out of this far left section unfortunately, to get to an appropriate size.

Philip L

Philip L

• Able Rate
Re: Whole of Naval Group photo (Between 1942 and 1946)
« Reply #4 on: 09 November 2023 08:27:41 am »

I have had the original wide Naval Group photo scanned by a photo shop. They provided a smaller copy of the original. It has not been enhanced except that the two punch holes (Father's ring folder) have been removed, as if they were not there as far as I can see. The large copy they did was 6.15 MB. I had Two 14 inch by 6 inch copies printed from the large copy (The same size as the original size).

Philip L
« Last Edit: 11 November 2023 04:37:01 am by Philip L »
Pages: [1]   Go Up